Hey y'all. After 30-something days of slogging through 2014, it's time to figure out what the heck I'm trying to do with myself for the next month. I also wanted to check back in on my 2014 blogging goals and update all y'all on my progress.
1. Write more- I said I wanted to write 3 days a week and I owned that. I've developed this blogging schedule where I write on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights, and they count as posts for the next day. I read/comment on blogs almost every day though!
2. Make more blog friends- totes did this. And I'll definitely continue to!
3. Participate in at least two exchanges. LOL NOPE! Working on this.
4. Figure out how to use Pinterest and Twitter. I tweet a ton, but 0 traffic from Twitter. Pinterest, on the other hand, isn't too bad! Thanks to Ashley for her tips!
5. At least 1 recipe post per month and a monthly goals post at the beginning of the month- I had 2 recipe posts this month, and I have another in the works. Overnight Oats and Raspberry French Toast Bake (both under 5 minutes prep time!)
Definitely going to try to continue to keep up with all of these- I'd like to try for TWO recipe posts.
|Please enjoy this incredibly relevant picture of one of my outfits last week.|
February Goals: These aren't really blog focused, just somethings to try for in general
1. Read at least 4 books, and write reviews for at least 2. I've wanted to incorporate book reviews into my blog for a really long time, like Marla and Tiffany, and hopefully this goal will force me to. Recommendations would be much appreciated.
2. Get to the gym 5 days a week. This is going to be really hard, but I know that if I make a goal and make it public, I WILL do this. I've been averaging 4 for all of January.
3. Take my DSLR camera out at least twice and use it. I really love photography, but I tend to take most pictures with my phone, just because it's infinity times more convenient.
4. Start my favorite bloggers series. This has been marinating in my mind (ew that's such a gross idea I take that back) for such a long time now, and I finally want to sit down and get it all put together!
5. Compliment someone every day. Why not spread some more love and happiness? :)
6. I'm currently working with Shutterfly to put together a 20th anniversary gift for my parents. (Long time, I know!) I hope this goes well, and I'm so excited to write about the process.
What are you going to get done this month? Let me know in the comments below. Don't forget to tell me about your favorite book!