If y'all have ever been over to this blog before, you know about my love for mason jars. So when it came to breakfast this morning, and I wasn't feeling the whole "oats in a jar" idea, I decided to make french toast.
In a mason jar, of course.
Y'all- this was definitely a home run. My favorite part? It's completely clean/healthy!
- 1-2 pieces bread
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 3.5-4 tbsp egg whites
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 drops liquid stevia (or equivalent sweetener)
- berries- I didn't really measure this, just added in a bunch
- greek yogurt - I used vanilla
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a shallow dish, and rip bread into bite-sized pieces. Let the break soak up the liquid, adding more almond milk if necessary.
- Fold in some fruit and transfer to a mason jar. It might look like a lot but it'll shrink while cooking! Microwave (uncovered) for 2-3 minutes. Check at 2 minutes to see if the egg whites are cooked, and if not, continue in 20 second intervals. If desired, you can pop into the oven for a while to get a crispy crust, but the microwave is great for when you're strapped for time.
- Take out and let cool for 30 seconds. Add more fruit as desired and top with yogurt and MOAR FRUIT. Make the top look pretty, Instagram it, and tag me @himahearts!
- Eat it aaaaall up.
Happy Wednesday, my loves! Don't forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest to save for later!