Hey y'all! Happy Monday/President's Day. Hopefully you have the day off, but if not, you can just stare at these pictures and wish you were at home making these. e
Some of you might have seen this picture on my Instagram yesterday, when I made the best breakfast I've ever had: pancakes.
Y'all. These aren't just any pancakes. They're actually kinda good for you and they're insanely fluffy. They're not goopy or ridiculously thick like the last time. Just warm, fluffy, and unmistakably delicious.
- 1/3-1/2 cup oat flour (I just ground up some rolled oats in a coffee grinder)
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2-3 tbsp milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder (this is what makes them super fluffy!)
- fruit and syrup to taste
- Mix everything except fruit and syrup up in a bowl. The batter will be thick. If it's too thick, add some more milk.
- Spray your pan and then put your batter on in big dollops. (is that even a word idk). The batter should be thick enough that you have to use your fingers to spread the pancakes out a bit.
- Let cook until bubbles form on top, so 1-2 minutes. Flip for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stick 'em on a plate, add fruit and syrup to taste. Instagram it, because this is some of the most beautiful food you have ever created, and face plant.
Do you have a special pancake recipe you think I should try? What's your experience with protein pancakes like? Let me know in the comments below!