Image Map

Monday, February 17, 2014

RECIPE: Fluffy Vanilla Pancakes

Hey y'all! Happy Monday/President's Day. Hopefully you have the day off, but if not, you can just stare at these pictures and wish you were at home making these. e
Some of you might have seen this picture on my Instagram yesterday, when I made the best breakfast I've ever had: pancakes. 
Y'all. These aren't just any pancakes. They're actually kinda good for you and they're insanely fluffy. They're not goopy or ridiculously thick like the last time. Just warm, fluffy, and unmistakably delicious. 
 Ingredients:

  • 1/3-1/2 cup oat flour (I just ground up some rolled oats in a coffee grinder)
  • 1 scoop protein powder of choice
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 2-3 tbsp milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp baking powder (this is what makes them super fluffy!)
  • fruit and syrup to taste

Process: 
  1. Mix everything except fruit and syrup up in a bowl. The batter will be thick. If it's too thick, add some more milk. 
  2. Spray your pan and then put your batter on in big dollops. (is that even a word idk). The batter should be thick enough that you have to use your fingers to spread the pancakes out a bit. 
  3. Let cook until bubbles form on top, so 1-2 minutes. Flip for another 1-2 minutes. 
  4. Stick 'em on a plate, add fruit and syrup to taste. Instagram it, because this is some of the most beautiful food you have ever created, and face plant. 


 

Do you have a special pancake recipe you think I should try? What's your experience with protein pancakes like? Let me know in the comments below!

xo, Hima 


22 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I looked at a bunch of recipes online, but I ultimately ended up making a unique combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I use the Tone It Up plan and your recipe is similar and healthy too! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dollop is definitely a word. These look DELICIOUS! I love to make pumpkin pancakes (especially from September through December...not as much this time of year), but I don't think they're nearly as healthy as yours. :) Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with Manic Monday! Love seeing some variety in our linkup posts! -Gina

    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks, hands down, like one of the best pancakes I have ever seen..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look super fluffy. And I have been craving breakfast foods. I'm always open to trying new recipes so thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, my mouth is water - thanks for that! :) This looks amazing, will have to try it!! Thanks for linking up again!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was debating on making pancakes today, but you've fully convinced me to make them. Thanks for sharing this recipe! :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these pancakes look so good and I love the blueberries. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across that recipe when I made these, but I didn't end up using it. You should try these too- I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, that's good! You should totally try them! I guess my next goal is to healthify pumpkin pancakes for this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In all honesty, they were some of the best pancakes I ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heart a lot about that mix! One of my favorite fit Instagramers (fitstagramers??) uses that. I was planning on grabbing it at Target the other day but it completely slipped my mind- next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll keep supplying you with recipes! Maybe even a pizza one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. No problem! It's a great recipe- thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, I'm glad! :) Reading your pancakes post right now, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you try them, let me know how it worked out for you! Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pancakes look yummy! Thank you for bringing them to Family Fun Friday! You are one of my features this week! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima