Hey y'all! So at the beginning of this month, when I published my February Goals, I mentioned that I wanted to read four books, and surprisingly, I was able to follow through with that. I tried to write short and spoiler-less reviews, so enjoy!
*fyi, didn't read the Portuguese version- it was all I could find, photo wise
I definitely didn't like this as much as Catching Fire, of the Hunger games series, plot-wise. It was too focused on the love blossoming between Tori and Four. (not that I'm some kind of sadist, but I'm reading dystopian fiction, not thinly disguised romance). The action scenes were written well- I dried out my contacts two nights in a row staying up late to finish this! Ultimately, I was a little tired of Tris's internal conflict by the end of the book. The ending was a cliffhanger- I was ready to start Allegiant right away. (Rate: 4/5)
1. I hated the back and fourth between Tris and Tobias. Too much going on ,and it was hard to follow since the other tow books didn't follow the same model.
2. Too many plot twists: I think Katy Perry summed it up pretty well in Hot N Cold!
3. The ending....seriously? This is not okay (Rate: 3/5)
|This book is not something that you will tear through in a night of feverish page turning. It's the kind of book that needs to be picked up for twenty minutes here and there, the kind of book that takes a couple of weeks to get through. It's also the kind of book that will leave laying in bed, content, and looking up at the ceiling when you're finally finished.|
Extremely Loud and Incredibly close is hilarious at times, and absolutely sob-worthy at others. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and felt a deeper understanding of two things when I finished:
1. The devastation that 9/11 brought to New York specifically and to America as a whole.
2. How not everyone has a happily ever after at age 25-love takes years to cultivate. (Rate: 4/5)
Smiles, chuckles, tears, and outright sobs: all things that I experienced as I read this book. This personifies the love that dogs and owners cultivate SO very well, and I viewed my Bella in a completely different way after reading it. (Rate: 5/5)
Well, that's it! What books have you read this month? Have you read any of the above ever? What did you think? Also, I'm in need of suggestions- hit me up in the comments below!!
P.S. Remember that election I was talking about? I won. :)