Hey y'all! So after the success of my Healthy Cookie Dough Dip, I decided to keep working on healthifying some of the most guilt-inducing foods. And so I bring you, Healthy Deep Dish Cookie Pie.
The secret ingredient is- you guessed it- beans!
- 2 cans of white or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained. (I used white in the dip, so I decided to try garbanzo this time, and it came out really well)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp canilla extract
- HELLA chocolate chips (Hello, NorCal, where hella is adjective)
- (hella is anywhere from 1-1.5 cups. I did 1 and it was plenty.
1. Use a food processor to blend everything except the chocolate chips. Be sure to keep it going for a long time- no one likes bean or oat chunks in their pie!
2. Pour into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a 9 or 10 inch springform pan and bake for 35-37 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Don't forget to get in some spatula licking action- no eggs so this is absolutely safe!
Y'all, this was my first time using the springform pan, and I think I now know what love it. Look at those clean edges!
The best part about all of this? 1/8 of this is less than 200 calories. Because this is made of garbanzo beans, it's ridiculously filling, and even my brother, who is an almost 10 year-old food monster couldn't eat more than that. My mom and I stuck to 1/16ths, which were still amazingly filling.
Peace out, girl scout.
Recipe adapted from @whatlindsey ate on Insta! (seriously my fave account, go follow!)