Image Map

Monday, December 23, 2013

How NOT to Facebook

Ah, Facebook. 
The destination of many an hour wasted away clicking through pictures, liking statuses, and showing off wannabe political prowess. 
In all my hours spent on Facebook in the last two and a half years, I've learned a lot about what is socially acceptable, and what isn't. (aka what annoys me), and so I give you

How Not to Facebook
1. Overly Negative, but cryptic posts. If you want to vent, vent to a friend over chat, or ever better, in person.  


2. Game invites. I'm fine if you spend hours on your phone swapping sweets in the Bejeweled of 2013, but don't try to get me involved. Also, Farmville is for the middle aged with too much time on their hands.

3. Albums FULL of selfies. I'm not saying I don't post the occasional selfie, but if your entire album is selfie upon selfie, and you're clogging up everyone's newsfeed. Please, keep it to the archives of your phone, or even better, Snapchat. I am clearly the master of this. 



4. Sharing every little detail of your life. Ever. 
"Got locked out of the house today"
"Today was such a fun day! Nice grade on history test, PMT with friendz after school, and not too much homework!"
"Ugh, they're out of my size at Payless, and the shoes are SO cute."
TFTI. (I've changed the meaning of that acronym- it's now thanks for the info).

But then again, it's your Facebook, and your profile, so you can post whatever the heck you want. So Facebook on y'all, and see you mañana. 

xo, Hima
P.S. TWO DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS EEK.

5 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am . This is what I can lead . Actually , I do . Cough cough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha this made me laugh, because it's all true. I also don't understand the really vague dramatic posts like "Ah why did this have to happen to me?" And then nothing to say what happened ha. Oh Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the albums of selfies... I don't know how a person can be THAT vain... I upload selfies from time to time but I can't justify 200 photos of selfies, haha. I sometimes don't mind reading people's days; some of them are hilarious and some are just... ugh, shut up. I know I don't share that much on Facebook anymore which is a good thing, I guess? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! I think my friends may be in a slightly different facebook generation, because I don't really get the game requests any more (finally) and I don't see too many selfies around... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahah I couldn't agree more. I HATEEEE the cryptic statuses. Please just keep that to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima