Image Map

Friday, December 20, 2013

High Five for Finals

Being over, that is.
After two weeks of being blog-deprived, I'm back with tons of post ideas.
Sidenote: Does anyone else feel like they always have tons of post ideas when they're not blogging and are devoid of things to talk about when they need to write something?
Just me? Oh, well that's fine too.

Although finals pretty much took over my life, I did have some fun over the last couple of weeks.


1. #finalsfood at Starbucks with my bio girls. I may or may not have had 5 cups of tea (free refills woo!). 
My study strategy: Drink as much tea as possible in order to maximize bathroom break time. And don't worry about the weird looks from the people you're walking past to get to the bathroom for the 50th time. 


2. Winter Spirit Day at school + I was pretty done with wearing real clothes. 


 3. For those of you have read the Scarlet Letter, (and let’s be real, who hasn’t read it at some point during high school?), any guesses as to who I’m supposed to be?
I dressed up as Hester Prynne for an extra credit assignment for lit- it was a pretty interesting experience walking around school like this.
Quote of the day:
Friend: Hima, what are your shoes?

Me: Stop, I’m trying to be as socially unacceptable as possible


4. Teacher Christmas presents! I’m not sure what it is, but i was never one of those people who didn’t give presents at Christmastime. For me, it’s all about a nice gesture to the people who put up with my sass on the daily.
I also really love making cutesy gifts/packaging. It's such a nice respite from studying for finals. 


5. Sneha and i (she’s in like every other blog post- I shouldn’t have to explain that she’s my best friend anymore) had a little impromptu photoshoot yesterday in celebration of the end of finals. This photo sums up how i feel about that.

 
Bonus: found this adorkable picture of my brother and me circa 2011. The only difference I see in myself is the length of my hair, but Yash grew so much!

Happy Holidays everyone, and I cannot WAIT to start posting on the reg again. I've MISSED you. 

xo, Hima
.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back - and congratulations of the finals finally being over!!
    I think we all feel that we have so many ideas when away, yet so little when having time to blog. Writers block. :/ Thankfully you have many ideas!!
    Your outfits throughout the school time are adorable, along with the teacher's gifts.
    I always loved getting my teachers a little something for the holiday's as well.

    P.S. Love the picture of you expressing your relief of finals being over. c;

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy about that too! I think it's definitely important to give back. Thank you for stopping by!

      xo, Hima
      Hima Hearts

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing finals! Hope you have a chill and relaxing Christmas time,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures!! I love Starbucks!

    xx, Cathy from http://helllo-cathy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cute! I can't believe you went around school dressed like Hester Prynne haha. Go you though! I wouldn't have been brave enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima