Image Map

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Let them eat [mug] cake!

I had a lot of homework this weekend. What is a girl to do when she is stuck at home slaving away analyzing Native American Oral Tradition and deriving relative rates? 
As Marie Antoinette once said, 
"Let them eat cake!"

Except I'm not planning on beheading anyone. At all. I just like cake

And so I bring you: Chocolate Peanut Butter Heaven. 
Ya'll. Heaven. in. a. mug. 

Here's my recipe for those of you who want to experience this amazingness. It's so easy it's dangerous. 
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • enough chocolate chips to satisfy your craving. Don't forget to pop a couple while you're making it!
Melt the butter in a small bowl, and mix in the peanut butter. Then, combine the egg, vanilla and sugar in the mug and mix until you feel like your arm is going to fall off. Combine the dry ingredients, add them in, and mix it all up until it's smooth and even. Pop it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (1 did 1:10 on on and 1:30 for my brother- I liked the 1:10 better!) and top. Recipe for the topping is down below this beautiful photo. 



To make this amazing topping that will have you licking the spoon like a fiend (although who doesn't always lick the spoon?), melt chocolate chips and slowly add in almond milk, mixing every 1/2 tablespoon or so until desired consistency is released. 
NOTE: Be careful not to add in all the almond milk at once- the chocolate will seize up and be gross. Mixing is your best friend. 
Top with powdered sugar to make it pretty. 


Enjoy! Doesn't this look ah-mazing!?

Also, this recipe makes a pretty big cake! My brother and I ate half each and stuck it in the fridge for the next day. Still delicious. 

Apart from eating cake, I did a lot of homework, like I said. My parents, however, attended a beautiful gala and got all dressed up. I pulled out my camera and took a few pictures, one of which I am totally in love with!

This shot of my mommy makes me so happy! What do you think?

I hope your weekends were more exciting than mine, although I got some pretty amazing food. 
(and a sweet new watermark- thanks jamie!)
What do you think of the mug cake movement? Yes, I just called it a movement. 
Let me know!

xo, Hima





25 comments:

  1. My goodness that looks like a hug in a mug! : )

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cake in the jar looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dessert looks scrumptious! Your mom looks gorgeous! Love the colors!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this makes me hungry!! And I love this shot of aunt (I'm suppose to call your mum aunt na?) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in favor of mug cake being a movement because I've always wanted to be part of a movement, and I do love cake. Especially this one. It looks so yummy!

    Darn it, now I need cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate and peanut butter...one of my favorite combos!!! Looks absolutely delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    Jessica
    http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the linkup and I swear I'm about to go make this cake for breakfast right now! It will take all my willpower to wait until later today to try it! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delicious!!!! thank you so much for linking with us for the wine'd down wed link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mug cake? OMNOMNOMNOM! I just love this vibrant shot of your mum , so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this will be my kids' after school snack very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a nice post! I would like to invite you to SHARE this cool post at my link up party if you haven’t already, hope you stop by every week! I really appreciate your support and encouragement .
    http://sweethaute.blogspot.com/2013/09/thursday-sweet-haute-share.html

    Be Sweet~
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that looks amazing. I have to say my favorite dessert in the whole world is anything chocolate peanut butter.
    http://thefitfoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so making this!

    Just a quick hello and thank you for linking up on my Bloglovin' Blog Hop last week! Hope to see you again this week, we go live tonight at 9 PST.

    Take care and thanks for visiting,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  14. DANGEROUS. And I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness this looks good! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #19…hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the beautiful colors in your outfit. And the hug in a mug or death by chocolate or whatever you call it looks absolutely amazing. Makes me wish we had chocolate in the house!

    I am a new follower of yours too. I'd love it if you linked up to my weekly BlogLovin Hop (http://www.journeysofthezoo.com/search/label/BlogLovin%20Hop). Hope to see you every Thursday.

    Looking forward to connecting further.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo
    BlogLovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/journeysofthezoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! My mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. OM gosh; my mouth is watering! This looks fabulous! Thanks so much for linking up to The PINcentive Blog Hop and I hope you're having a wonderful week :o)

    croppedstories@gmai.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome recipe! I can't wait to try this one since I am a chocolate addict! LOL! Thanks for co-hosting via "Her and Nicole" Giveaway & Blog Hop!

    Joyce @ http://www.livelaughlovepost.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Found your blog through A Dish of Daily Life's #LOBS and I have to say, I love first the recipe and then the pictures. Your mom is beautiful-love those bright colors! Native American Oral Traditions, as dry as it sounds, actually would be so interesting to read. I love the Native American history and culture. I'm back in school and today was reading about the history and future of Marriage and Family Therapy with a 3 page paper due at the end of the week. Sometimes I think you better love what you do, or it can get so very boring fast!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks so good! I love making cakes and cheesecakes in mugs. It's so simple b/c it's just me. Adding this to my collection and making it low carb friendly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww you just made my mouth water and I can not wait until tommorow to try this for myself, Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima