Image Map

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

RECIPE: Dark Chocolate Pumpkin French Toast Roll-up.

I was lacking inspiration for breakfast after my workout on Sunday morning. 
So I turned to my favorite resource for all things food. 
Instagram and the fitfam. 
@pbeechie came to the rescue! 
A little bit of adaptation and 20 minutes later, thus was born the
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin French Toast Roll-up. 

I died. 
And came back to life to eat this. 
SO. GOOD. 
And the best part? It's pretty darn healthy!

Ingredients: 
  • Roll-ups
    • 1 tortilla
    • 1/4 cup egg whites
    • 2 tbsp milk (almond or regular)
    • 10 drops stevia
    • Cinnamon + nutmeg to taste
  • Chocolate Sauce:
    • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
    • 2 tbsp milk
  • Pumpkin Spice Sauce
    • 1 tbsp Greek Yogurt
    • cinnamon + nutmeg to taste
    • A tiny bit (1/5 scoop?) of protein powder
    • Water to liquidify. 
Cooking: soak the tortillas in the mixture for 3-5 minutes each side and cook in a shallow pan until egg whites are cooked. Plat and pour your sauces. Devour in five minutes flat.

Let me know if you try it!

xo, Hima

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing!! I'd love to try this!

    XOXO
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this! Looks amazing.

    Erin @ www.unconventionalmommytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm that looks soooo good. must. resist. on. a. freakin. diet.

    nah, i'm trying this.

    lol :)

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Em Gee, that sounds amazing. Seriously, three favorite flavors at once? Pumpkin + chocolate + french toast. I die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's seriously tempting , if only word "pumpkin" is away .
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima