Image Map

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things + Big News!

Aaaand I've branded myself as a middle-aged school teacher. 
Wonderful. 
But it's true- kids say the craziest things!
At Breakthrough, the program I'm teaching at this summer (confused? catch up here), the teacher are pretty young too- high school and college students. Last Friday was Thrift Shop Friday, and us teachers really pulled out all the stops for that one. 
harem pants are wonderful. 
Yesterday was Wacky Tuesday, and we were REALLY wacky!
This is me and a few of my students of my Block B biology class. 
I love 'em.

While grading, I came across a few gems that I thought I should share. 
Enjoy!
This was from my journalism class. The students were supposed to interview a teacher for their reaction to the SFO Asiana Crash last weekend (Sidenote: my mom was supposed to be on that flight. SO THANKFUL!), and this is what I got. 
"Rahul is better than Hima." 
great.
"Is there anything else you would like to say or ask?"
"HI MOM!" - Joseline, age 20.

Budget cuts- the universal excuse. 

The article was a total spoiler. What a pity. 

BIG NEWS!
Can I get a "What-what!?" 
No? 
Oh, okay. 
I finally got my act together and started my food Instagram!
Follow me @healtherrific for amazing food pictures. 
Because we all love a little food now and then all the time.




Intrigued? Check my Instagram to see what these are!

Happy Wednesday, ya'll!

xo, Hima



7 comments:

  1. Aaah... I miss teaching but not the salary! Now that I've seen your pics it's off to lunch! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a middle school teacher myself so a lot of this is familiar to me! I just discovered your blog from the link up and I love it! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to check mine out as well! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice food photos!

    I just stopped by to let you know I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award, check it out http://www.theeternityjournal.com/2013/07/my-fourth-liebster-award-nomination.html

    -Zobia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hima!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    it looks like you are doing great in keeping your blog up and going!
    Will be visiting!
    :) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the answers are brilliant ;D Once I gave a art's class to juniors. They insisted me to draw a duck on the board but I ended up with fruits.
    "You are a teacher", sounds like "You are a wizard Harry" in my mind hah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah , these answers are taking the world on , I should learn something ( lots of actually) , dear teacher ;)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful job you are doing. Looks like you have loads of fun along with being a mentor to these children. Congrats on the Liebster Award. Found you through the SSS Hop. Following you via Bloglovin'.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima