Image Map

Monday, July 15, 2013

RECIPE: Banana Chia Waffles

Soooooo.......
I made these on Saturday and they're pretty much the best things in the world. 
I had a lot of good food this weekend (that I didn't take pictures of- bad blogger!), but these definitely take the cake  waffle. 
Here's the recipe!


  • 1 whole wheat flour
  • 1 finely chopped banana
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
  • 1/3 cup applesauce (there is no butter in these, but you have to spray the waffle maker!)
  • A TON of chia seeds (gotta get that protein!)
Mix it all up, pop it in the waffle maker, top with whatever you have laying around, and enjoy!

You need waffles in your life. I really want to try savory waffles! Has anyone tried them? What do you think?

Also, totally off topic, but the TransAmerica building is very tall.  
San Francisco was amazing, as always. Just didn't get to take pictures b/c I couldn't use my phone. 

Sorry for the short and rushed post, ya'll. 
I'll make it up to you tomorrow!


How was your weekend? 


xo, Hima

6 comments:

  1. yum! With chia seeds! So healthy!
    :) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I MUST try this sometime! ^___^ Found your blog through a blog hop. Oh, and the building kinda looks like tall waffles, if you ask me - not really off topic, in a way. Hahaha!

    Veeyah @ mynameisveeyah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that waffle looks delicious! I can't wait to try out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waffles look wonderful, now I'm craving waffles. I hope you have a great day.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to experiment with Chia seeds. How much would you say is a lot? Totally cool picture of the TransAmerica building. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Be sure and grab a featured button when you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima