Also, Marla told me that I should make this a link-up, and I was a little hesitant at first because- let's be real- I have no idea what I'm doing! But then I decided that I can do whatever I want, so I'm trying out this whole link up thing. It'll be starting NEXT week, so please please please come link up your playlists and get the word out on Facebook, Twitter, whatever you use! Also, if you're interesting in co-hosting, I'm 1000% down- just email me at email@example.com!
1. I Love it- Icona Pop. This song is a) the epitome of summer, and b) has a fast paced beat that is sure to get your heart pumping!
2. Halfway There- Big Time Rush. Okay, so this is pretty embarrassing, but when I was 11 or so, I used to watch Nickelodeon, and this was one of the shows on there. I've always really liked this one song for working out, and it inevitably goes through my head during a particularly difficult workout!
3. Can't Hold Us- Macklemore. Yeah, because my ability to run through the next mile can't be contained!
4. This is How We Do it- Montell Jordan. Classic music, to be honest. It's one of those songs that will still be iconic in 20 years, and the repetitive beat and uncomplicated lyrics are perfect for a difficult workout.
5. Pura Vida- Don Omar. Backstory: My Spanish teacher of two years at school would always play music while we worked, and this year, all my friends and I got really into it, and started listening to Spanish music. This song is one of my faves! It's like fresh and tribal-y, but still classic Don Omar!
So there's my list for the week! Next week's theme will be SUMMER, so be sure to 1. Come back and link up your summer playlists, and 2. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to cohost!