Image Map

Monday, June 2, 2014

Let's Shake Things Up a Little

Hey y'all! It's Monday, which, normally isn't the best, but it also marks my last week of school, and a finals-less finals week (Most of my finals were before the AP  tests/are projects), so I'm pretty happy!
Today, I thought we'd do something a little different from (what has become) the usual photo dump. I've been finding some really great music lately, and I wanted to share some of it with y'all.

I also wanted to make it a little more regular, so I bring you Monday Melodies! Every week, I'll share a few songs I'm really loving right now, along with their videos, as well as embed a running Spotify playlist that y'all can follow!

1. Dare (La La La)- Shakira // Not only is this is the Brazil 2014 theme song, it's also the catchiest thing ever. To be honest, it just makes me want to dance. All. the. time.


2. New York, New York- Frank Sinatra // This song makes me want to go to New York and dance in the middle of Times Square and gallivant around Central Park. Also Sinatra has the voice of God- let's be real. 

3. Bounce- Iggy Azalea. We all know that Iggy is the epitome of fab, and this song, while completely meaningless, is one of those songs that gets in your head, and gets your fingers tapping, feet shuffling, and in general, dancing. Also, the video is the most visually pleasing cultural appropriation video I've ever seen. 

4. Read All About it- Emeli Sandé. Although it has a less positive tone than the other three videos, this is one of the most beautiful songs I know. It is possible that you will cry while watching this video. If you do anything today, watch the video. It's just so amazing!



And we'll finish out with that for that day. If you have any suggestions for me, I'm always looking for new music, so feel free to leave it in the comments below! Also, don't forget to tell me- what's your jam right now?

xo, Hima

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima