Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

SCunsets

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I have a bit of an obsession with the sky. Whether it is the first timid light of the sun rising in the morning, the unapologetically bright cumulus clouds of midday, or the brilliant gradients in the evening, I love it all. More than once, I have stopped walking on my way to something, just to soak it all in, and more than likely take a photo.

There's something about the horrid LA smog that just makes sunsets so beautiful, like finding the silver (or bright pink) lining. This photo series is just a collection of my favorite pictures from the last 5 weeks. Enjoy!

maybe not the best photo of the sunset, but I love the way the pool glitters in the early evening light. 

VKC - our gorgeous tower, and what I think is the tallest building on campus. This is the view from just outside my dorm, and it's just as stunning every night. 


There is 0 filter on this photo. No brightening, no saturation, nothing. This is literally what the sky looked like on Monday night. Yes, I got up from our table at dinner to take pictures, and no, I am not ashamed. 
These wispy, barely-there clouds are my favorite kinds of clouds because of how the sun lights them up in the sky. 



If this isn't the world's greatest study view, I don't know what is. 

USC, I love you, your gorgeous architecture, and most importantly, your incredible sunsets. I have no doubt that I will literally make an album of these photos at some point. If you're ever amazed by the sky at any time of day, take a picture and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #skygramweekly :)

Until next time, 
xo, Hima

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima