Image Map

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Review

Hey y'all! With first semester over and college applications behind me, I'm finally a second semester senior. All I have to do now is wait for the decisions, keep my grades up, and enjoy my last 8 months at home! I thought that I'd go ahead and do a recap of the year for y'all to know what I've been up to since August, as well as reflect a little bit on the lessons of 2014. (warning: I didn't align my pictures but yolo).

January/February: 
These two months were a blur of enjoying school and getting super involved with my blog. I was on a cooking high, and churned out recipes like no one's business. My personal favorite is still my Healthy Cookie Dough Dip, which I plan to make tomorrow :)


March/April:
I ran for student government at school and won! I have to say this has been an incredibly fulfilling experience thus far, although trying at times, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. Thank you to all of you for being so supportive, even if you couldn't directly vote for me.


May/June:
I finished the #100HappyDays Challenge! Even though the thoughts behind it are nice, I realized that I didn't like being forced to push all my happiness into a picture, every single day. I wrote more about it here!
I also finished my junior year and dove into a summer full of art class (I took it at the community college to fulfill a requirement), working at my lab in San Francisco, and early morning gym trips. OH, and college apps. Lots of those. 


July/August:
I continued to enjoy my summer and actually met Cassey Ho, the creator of Blogilates! (As I type this I'm sore from her new Extreme Abs video- oh the irony). I also did some traveling, with a family vacation to Crater Lake and some college visits. I started off my senior year, which meant lots of schoolwork, in addition to writing my life story for college apps.



September/October: 
A big couple of months- I got my license, turned 17, went to my first concert (Neon Trees, American Authors, Lindsey Sterling, and Matt Nathanson) and participated in our school's annual Homecoming celebrations, a week so big that I broke my blog hiatus to recap it. More info here!




November/December: 
I fell in love with Taylor Swift's 1989 (Is it bad that this is in my highlights of the year?), got into the Christmas spirit (I made my Christmas playlist November 1st!), and Lynbrook won 1st place at our district-wide Olympics, IDC Fantastics. I finished college apps, and had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I started watching Grey's Anatomy, which is literally the world's most addicting show (On Season 6 and will hurt anyone who tries to spoil it for me). Christmas was amazing, and I got a really cool trio of iPhone lenses (fisheye, macro, and wide angle), and some books. Last weekend, we went to Tahoe, so I got to ski for the first time in 4 years, and play with my new lenses!




And with that, we're out. Cheers, 2014! Happy New Year to all y'all, and let's make 2015 our year :) See you soon- my blog break is officially over!

xo, Hima

28 comments:

  1. YAY HIMA HEARTS POST!! I can't believe you're on season 6 already wtf you sped ahead I'm still on season 4!! And I'm super stoked to see what 2015 brings for you. I hope it's even better than 2014 was :] Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures!! 2015 is going to bring a lot of great things! I'm done with my blog break as well and it feels great to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those same lenses for my iPhone. I especially like the macro lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Hima, here's to another wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun year! My second semester of my senior year was so relaxing because all my applications were already in and there is nothing more that could be done to change what the college's decision was. Good luck with your second semester and just remember to enjoy yourself as much as possible. It goes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some major things happened for you last year! I'm totally interested in Blogilates now too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting year you had! I LOVE Crater Lake! I got to visit when my sister-in-law was living there and absolutely fell in love! Good luck on your final semester! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, how was it meeting Cassey Ho, I love her extreme abs video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome year you had! Enjoy your final months of high school...as a Senior English teacher I have to say that seniors are my favorite group of kids to work with :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! I'm excited for the year to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She was SO nice, and just as bubbly as in person! It was nice to remember that when I struggled through extreme abs 2 this morning haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell in love with it too! I want to visit again in the winter when it's all snowy :) Thank you, and happy 2014 to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Blogilates, and I'm hoping to stick with it this year! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah that's exactly how I feel right now! All that's left are some scholarship apps and I can relax the rest of the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I'm hoping it's a good year too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's SO amazing how clear and crisp the pictures are! I love the fisheye and the macro!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree completely that it's nice to be back! Excited for what 2015 will bring :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY MARLA ROGERS COMMENT!! oops yeah winter break is the greatest :) Thanks for everything, Mar- love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Senior Year! Enjoy this time, it really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on a great year and enjoy the last of highschool! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great year 2014 sounds like it has been! and beautiful photo of SF - I'm a fellow local, and thought I recognized that (before reading that you're in the area as well). :) And the iPhone lens attachments sound (and look) like so much fun, I'm sure you'll love using them for many more #happyday memories. ;)

    xo,
    lauriel
    EyeForElegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome year! I've got the same lenses and LOVE them!
    xo Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much Chelsea! Excited to make it count :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh thank you! The Bay is definitely the best place in CA :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. They're so cute and convenient! Easy to use too- so great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahh they were so good! I love how they told the story of each song right before they played!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a lovely post Hima. I love how you talked about every month. Grey's Anatomy is THE best show on Earth. No wait, the mother of ALL dramas. I L O V E Grey's Anatomy so so so so much. I already like you, girl. If you ever need anyone to talk to about GA, "I volunteer". Haha! <3
    onetinywish.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You probably just made my day :) I do my best to reply to every single one, even if it takes a little while. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so we don't get deprived of a wonderful conversation!
xo, Hima